Monday, March 24, 2008

Three bunny day

This was a craptastic weekend. And when there's nothing to be done about the situation you are in it is best to keep doing something to keep from stewing... So I made bunnies. All day.
Their cuteness lightened my mood considerably, and I got a few questions resolved about style.

This is Marie. A few of the hankies I have been picking up are to small to yield all the parts to make a bunny, so I wanted to be sure that it would look ok if I used a complimentary fabric on the bellies.


Yup, cute!


When I was making Hillary, I put the ears on by sticking them in the head seam, and I wanted to know how well this translated to a Hankie Bunny. It's ok, but I think the kinda sucky side-of-the-head insertion is going to be the way to go...


Yup, this is definitely still cute! This bunny has no name yet, I will let the girl I am giving this to name her.


Some of the hankies I have been picking up are very thin and I wanted to see what would happen if it was not lined with muslin.


This is Alice. She turned out OK, I had to draw on the eyes because the black floss would have shown through too much.


I think I will line the thin ones with muslin, it was kinda tricky to cut and piece this bunny because the fabric was so stretchy.

So three more bunnies to the stack and I have progress on the American Hero quilt to make...

Thanks for checking in with me!

1 comment:

Liz in Kansas said...

These bunnies just keep getting cuter! Gotta love 'em.