Sunday, March 9, 2008

And Around we go!

Sue's block arrived this week and I was all ready and fired up to work on it!

Here it is nekkid.

Then the hard choices to make... which way is up? What theme should I start, if any?What blocks to work on? and on and on... I had to sleep on it and just start it in the morning.

I started with this velvet corner, sketching with my trusty quilter's pencil and laying out some cording.


Them for some reason I switched to the opposite corner and stitched a vine. I added the berries a few days later.


Here is the top block and the full patch completed.

And a close up of the little girl dreaming in her garden, or of her garden, like I do since I don't have one...


The patch took a couple of tries, I tried to incorporate beads into it but it looked pretty bad so I ripped them off and stuck to embroidery.

It is now all packaged up and ready to be sent to Pam in Australia.
My first work on someone else's block... check that off the list and sit back and wait for another one to arrive next month!
Hope everyone approves!

2 comments:

Maddie Can Fly said...

Beautiful block. You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering about those pretty flowers on this block. Is the ribbon doubled and sewed inside out to make the pointed petals?
Diane (Q4Newbies)