Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ahhhhhh

Four hours, one big cup of coffee, one charm pack and a yard of fabric and no boys in the house!

I had a great morning! I got two projects completed!
Since I had no boys, I got really girly with the crafting


I altered this little tin box with fabric and trim for a present for Mae. I may copy this idea for when I open my Etsy shop (eventually).
And I will never again doubt the power of super cute trim to finish a project!
A little velvet trimmed lace goes a long way!


And to put into the box I am totally stealing an idea that was presented when i learned to make yoyo's.

These little pretties are just the right size for a little girl or for her dollies when she gets bigger.


The Butterfly clips turned out particularly well, IMHO!


Here you can see one on my cutting mat, and how tiny they really are!



I also got another important crafty project finished!
I made a cover for the sewing machine.


It doesn't look like much, but if it keeps Jimmy's little fingers off of the machine until we have a house that has a space I can claim as my own and shut the door on it, this will have to do!

Now I 'm off to make some needle books and start my TIF challenge piece before the boys come home!

No comments: