Sunday, March 16, 2008

Red, White and BUNNY!

This is a departure from the hankies I have been using for the bunny making hobby.
I had a charm pack of Red White and Bold from Moda to use on something and had this idea. It was a lot of extra stitching, but I will do it again, I already have another name picked out...
This patchwork patriot is a nice little bunny.


You can just see her stripey belly...


Like a carousel horse, she is more heavily decorated on one side, her left side in this case.
I chose to use my new crazy quilting skills(?) for the decoration, but I should have used a higher contrast thread...


The other side and her ears are just stitched with a simple running stitch.


So, this little girl is my favorite so far, but not by much.
I have names for four more bunnies lined up, the name usually comes to me as soon as I see the material.
Read into it what you will but this one is named Hillary.

No comments: