Friday, July 25, 2008

July Take It Further.

I have finished the TIF challenge for this month! Yea!
I picked up the thread that matched the color scheme and found this FQ that just happens to have the same colors, too. It shaped the course of the project.

The theme was the words half way mark. When I think of half way through the year, as we are right now, I can't help think of summer. And Lemonade.


I drew up this sketch after a couple of tries...


I decided to try carbon paper to transfer the design instead of the iron on pencil. It worked fairly easily, and was easier to see. (don't mind the baby hand trying to snatch the fabric...)


Here is the finished piece all stitched up and bordered with the lemon fabric.


"Lemonade Days"

2 comments:

Bernadette said...

I love your piece. Will you incorporate it into quilt later?

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done, charming and nostalgic.