Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hooray for sewing space!

I finally have a table dedicated just for sewing! And boy has it boosted my productivity!


I finished the Bushel 'N' Peck quilt and shipped it off to Auntie Tippy along with the Sushi quilt for Dodo.


I picked this happy green gingham for the backing.


All my quilts come pre-loaded with snuggles!


I picked up supplies for this month's Take It Further challenge and hope to get it stitched up this weekend. Keep your eyes peeled for a post on that sometime next week.


I finished and shipped off my American Hero quilt #2.


I brought back a big bag of lavender from my recent whale watching trip and have been busy making sachets with embroidered lavender on them.

This is the pillow style...


These are the quilt kind with the binding. I like these better...


I also finished my Purple round robin square. This square belongs to Pam in Australia.
I started with this beaded lotus in one corner.


I added some wisteria and a swallow in the other corner.


The wisteria is all cast on stitches in variegated thread. I really like how it turned out!



I also added a tiny little spider web and spider in the center.


There are footprints tracking up one side and I beaded a string for the side seam, I didn't want to work onto or into the beautiful tree in the next patch over.


Here is the whole block. You can click on it for a closer look!


Hope you enjoy it all!

Happy stitching!

2 comments:

Maddie Can Fly said...

Those cast on stitches are fantastic -- great job! (Lesa, CQforNewbies)

Anonymous said...

Your work is just beautiful! And I don't know how you are so productive with a toddler around!