Monday, May 26, 2008

More window blocks and a finished quilt

I have been chugging away at the cathedral windows bocks, and have my first row half done.

I am really enjoying this project once the initial ironing part is done!



I marked on the back of the squares the # of completion as well as the date and where the scraps came from, like from the sushi quilt.





I also finished the quilt I was making for Ian's birthday. I chose to go for Grizzly colors and this more masculine pattern. It is my first atttempt at this pattern and I think I really did it the hard way by keeping all the strips in line to make diamonds. This pattern is designed to be a scrappy quilt...

But Chairman Meow approves anyway.


I also tried my hand at the bear paw block for the corners of the border.
This quilt is tied and the binding is a rolled-edge binding for those of you that care...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your cathedral windows are looking wonderful all together. I love this interpretation of the theme.