Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My first CQ block - Ever!

O.K.
I have entered the Crazy Quilting world!
I finished my first block today and learned a few things along the way!


I learned a few do's and don't s!
DO - wash and iron your fabric before you start - even though you're itching to get going
DO - overlap your pieces by a bit more until you get better at you appliqué stitch
DO - practice your appliqué stitch
DO - wait until the end to stitch the finished size border
DON'T - trim your fabric right at the finished size -oops
DO - keep your language clean around the children
DO - remember this is a hobby for the pure joy of it
DO - remember there are no rules
DON'T - let the cat or son "help" while you stitch

I think I'll try the flip and stitch method next!

Also here's a sneak peek at the next craft I'm trying my hand at.

2 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Welcome to Crazy World!! Wasn't it fun? Now just think of all the embellishing you can do. Your block is pretty, but it will be outstanding. I loved your do's and don'ts!

Courtney Short said...

you block looks awesome.. you have started out very well :-)