Saturday, February 23, 2008

Crazy quilt block #2 and towels

Well, I have had the good fortune to get nice weather the last few days, which means that I can bring my stitching outside and work on it while the boys wear themselves out and then I can keep stitching when they nap! Dishes? What dirty dishes...


I finished a second Crazy Quilt square using Japanese style fabrics. This one turned out much better than the first one! I still need to hem the edges and then I can start embellishing!




But first I have to clear out my back log of tea towels I put aside a looooong time ago for myself.

I finally dragged them out and have two almost done. There are nine total and I think if the weather and the boys' good spirits allow I could finish by the end of the week.





I have done this pattern of birdhouses a couple of times before.
Super cute!
I chose a Stellar Jay blue for the birds.

On a side note... I finally found an 8" hoop! I could only ever find 6" or 12" before.

Now I can get the whole pattern inside the hoop and I don't have to move it around while I am working! Imagine that!

I also need to get booking on the backed up projects... I'm itching to get going on my Easter craft!

No comments: