Saturday, August 15, 2009

conquering the WISP's

Hello all!
This last week I have slowly been conquering my pile of wisps (works in slow progress) that are taking over my desk and staring at me...

This project I started last December and it is going to be put back on the shelf for a while! I hate how it looks and am not sure what I want to do with it... right now it puts the crappy in scrappy...



This quilt top I started last year as well, but the pattern was written poorly and when it came time for final assembly the blocks didn't fit together, so I put it away in frustration.
I got it out this last week ironed and re-measured everything and cut some of the blocks down to fit and the top is now done and ready for quilting! Hooray!

I used this opportunity to try to match the pattern of the border with mitered corners. I like how they turned out quite a bit.


I also made two more pairs of nine patch squares for the one a day quilt along...


I also made this 9 patch from some left over hst from another quilt...


I used about half of the completed squares to make a baby quilt for my cousin's new baby girl.


I have had this cute flannel for a while. I picked it up off of the clearance table before we moved...
I also found that really cute stripe fabric that I think will be binding the next few baby quilts...


I used the leftover binding to finish off this project that I started a couple months ago...
I saw a organizer like this in a Magellan's catalog and knew I could make one my self...
here it is completely open showing the outside...


Here is the inside... you can tell from the crooked pockets that I didn't really have a pattern that I was working from. I was just winging it, and I didn't really even bother to pin it...
There are 4 rows of 7 pockets each one is approximately 4 1/2" x 3".


To close it up you fold the two sides to the center and then feed the ribbons through the buttonhole in the center there.


Then fold it shut like a book and tie the ribbons...

This works really well for me... I dose out my daily medications and vitamins into little plastic bags that I got from the package store in the mall and have almost a whole month ready to go...
I keep this on the top shelf in the kitchen (right above the coffee mugs) so I see it and remember to take my vitamins everyday while keeping everything safely out of reach of the boys.

I also have pictures of some other quilts that are on their way to their owner, so I won't post those pictures until next week...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, we need to insulate the garage, then it would be not hot...especialy with a fan blowing.
Let me know when I can help you insulate the garage, all we need are two rols of the 2' silver insulation, it is really easy to install; and, I actuaklly enjoy doing it...so let's get that project done so you can do more projects...and get our Alpha blog up-to date also;-) I'll call you in a bit;-)This is sister Susie;-)