Sunday, August 31, 2008

August Take It Further Challenge

The theme for this month's challenge was "balance".

I was inspired to make this pillow from a few of the quilts I saw at a recent quilt show that sported labyrinth designs.

I know that the labyrinth is sometimes designed and implemented with meditative purposes, and that meditation can be used in the pursuit of balance. I balanced the two sides of the pillow by reversing the colors and tufting it with the same button on each side.

Stitching this was very calming and I enjoy tracing my finger through the design.



Enjoy!
You can click on the pictures for a larger version.

3 comments:

verobirdie said...

Nice colors and design. I like it!

Moonsilk Stitches said...

I really like this. I love walking labrynths and I've seen finger boards used to trace the path with your fingers. I like the idea of an embroidered labrynth! Marjorie

Sarah E. said...

What a neat expression of balance! I like the thought of embroidered labyrinths.